Do you own a valid passport, earn a decent living and wish to travel to Spain even when you don’t know how? Thank goodness. You are at the right place this time and this post is crafted for you – and those who want to know how to apply for Spain visit visa in Nigeria.
What is Spain Visit Visa?
Spain visit visa is a permit that allows you visit Spain for a period of 90 days. It is usually applied for at the Spanish Embassy (or at the Visa Application Centre, VAC, in the case of Nigeria).
Spain visit visa is a type of Spain Short-term visa while the other types are Business, Transit and Medical visas.
Who Can Apply for Spain Visit Visa in Nigeria?
Spain is a country blessed with beautiful sites, soothing sunny climate and, most probably, the best of modern football. People go to Spain to experience these and for so many other reasons.
But whatever reasons you have that qualifies you as a tourist in Spain make it compulsory for you to get the Spain visit visa before you travel. You are a tourist if your voyage to Spain is for pleasure and enjoying your holiday.
You can apply once you own a Nigerian passport, have the quintessential financial wherewithal or sponsor and have the required supporting documents which will be mentioned shortly. Ah, yes! You must also be a law abiding Nigerian citizen or a non-Nigerian national for you to apply.
How to Apply for Spain Visit Visa in Nigeria?
Click HERE to download and fill the visa application form. The application form should be filled with either a blue or black pen.
Book an appointment with the embassy. Click here to schedule an appointment
Take the supporting documents listed below and the filled application form to the submission center at:
Submission Timings: 08:00 to 14:00 hrs (Monday to Friday)
Passport Retrieval Time13:00 to 16:00 hrs (Monday to Friday)
Address: SELINA HOUSE
4 IDOWU MARTINS STREET,
OFF ADEOLA ODEKU STREET,
VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
Email: [email protected]
Supporting Document Checklist:
- Passport that is valid for at least six months after the intended date of travel and three months after scheduled return from travel; with previous passport and two full blank pages to affix the visa.
- Three coloured copies of the data page of the passport.
- Completed and signed visa application
- Two 3.5cm x 4.5cm coloured passport photographs that is not more than 1 month old and with a white background (passport photographs should be glued and not stapled to the application form).
- Coloured photocopies of previous visas (Schengen, USA, UK, Canada, Japan, Australia), if any.
- For non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria, a residence permit endorsed on passport should be provided (not applicable if holding a biometric residence permit card). Both your passport and residence permit in Nigeria must be valid for at least three months beyond the returning date of your trip.
- Travel insurance: You can buy your travel insurance from us at a discounted rates. As a partner with mutual benefits assurance plc, you can order your travel insurance from us and receive it within 10 minutes. After placing an order, you can either print the insurance from your email or pick up a printed copy at any mutual benefits assurance plc offices or Naijagoingabroad offices nationwide. Click here to order your insurance now!
- Letter of invitation from the organisers, if you are attending a conference, seminar, workshop or a sporting event, stating (where possible) the name of the host organization, length of stay or other documents proving the purpose of the journey (like entry tickets and enrolments of programmes).
- Introductory letter from your employer OR introductory letter from your own company if you are self-employed. Letter should state days of leave granted.
- Letter from the school or university for professors, lecturers, instructors, teachers and students
- Pay slips for the past six months.
- Personal Statement of Account for the past six months AND that of your company, if you are being sponsored.
- General income generated by property, share certificates, bonds, and proof of ties to Nigeria (marriage), if any.
- Hotel Booking: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- If you are traveling with your spouse: Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate of the wife.
- Applicants below 18 years who are traveling unaccompanied by one or both parents must present their birth certificate as well as a sworn affidavit from the said parent/parents authorising their trip. The affidavit must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja. While, children traveling with both parents will only need to submit their birth certificate.
- Additional pages inserted into passport is unacceptable.
- Original and photocopies of the aforementioned documents are to be submitted.
- Follow the suggested steps in the order that they have been presented in the article to ensure successful visa application.
- BLS INTERNATIONAL is merely a visa application collection center, Should you need to address any letter to the Spain embassy in Nigeria, Click here for the Spain embassy address.
That is all about how to apply for Spain visit visa in Nigeria. Drop your comments or remarks.
Bye and bon voyage in advance!