South Africa visa application in Nigeria is quite an easy deal. All you need to do is read this short article and follow the suggested steps.
South Africa visa application deals with applying for either the visit visas (or short-term visas) or the long-term visas. This article will discuss what the South Africa visit visas are and how to apply for them and subsequent articles on South African visas will discuss the long-term visas and how to apply for them.
What is South Africa Visit Visas?
South Africa visit visas are issued for a maximum of three months. The visit visas are applied for when one intends to visit South Africa for tourism or visiting family and friends in not more than 90 days.
What are types of Visit Visas?
The types of South Africa visit visas are: Business visas, Work visas, Quota work visas, General work visas, Critical skills work visa, Intra-company Transfer Work visa, Corporate visas, Study visas, Exchange visas, Retired persons’ visa, Relatives’ visa and Medical Treatment visa.
How to Apply for South Africa Visit Visas in Nigeria?
Regardless of the type of South Africa visit visas you want to apply for in Nigeria, the procedures are the same.
Make three clear copies of your passport data page and clear photocopies of all original documents; previous UK visa, US visa, Canada visa, Japan visa and Schengen visa.
Click HERE to download application form and fill completely.
South Africa visa applications are handled by VFS Global. VFS an agent authorised by the South African authority to handle South Africa visa application.
The addresses of VFS Global are:
Lagos: Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla way, opposite treasure garden estate, third roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos.
Abuja: 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria.
Port Harcourt: Vineyard Shopping Centre, 88 Woji Road, GRA, Port Harcourt.
Submit your application form and other supporting documents at the VAC between 8 am and 3 pm, Monday to Friday.
Checklist of Supporting Documents:
- Visa application form, completed and signed with black ink or pen only.
- Three copies of current passport data pages.
- 6 Months statement of account
- Yellow vaccination card.
- Payslip for 6 months.
- Introduction letter from employer addressed to South African Embassy.
- Self-introduction letter addressed to South African Embassy.
- Marriage certificate if applicable.
- proof of property ownership if applicable.
- Flight reservation: Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Hotel booking: Bookings from third party agent such as Booking.com, Agoda.com, Expedia.com etc will not be accepted by the embassy, VFS agent will not bother to collect it from you. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
Visit the VAC with receipt issued to you at the time of submitting your visa application to collect your processed application between 11 am and 3 pm, Monday to Friday, after about six working days.
- Remember to fill your application form with black pen only.
- Mode of payment vary at different VACs. To pay at the Lagos or Abuja branch, visit the VAC in person and pay by cash at the bank counter. To pay at the Port Harcourt branch, pay at the GTBank branch located at Tombia Road, GRA, Port Harcourt.
- Go to the VAC early in the day to submit your application as they will accept the applications on the basis of first come first serve.
- If you do not go to retrieve your passport at the VAC after 30 working days, it will be sent to South Africa Embassy and transferred to the Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS).
If you have found this post helpful, please share it through the social networks by clicking on any of the buttons below. And do not hesitate to ask questions or make your remarks.