People have been wondering about how to apply for Netherlands visa in Nigeria but there’s not much information out there (internet especially) about this. I do not only hope that this helps but that you also share with family and friends and help us help others with this information.
What are Netherlands Visitor Visas?
Netherlands visitor visas are for travelling to Netherlands in not more than 90 days for business trip, visiting family and friends or for tourism. The Netherlands visitor visas are also called Short Term or Short Stay visas. For travelling to Netherlands for a longer period of time, one needs to apply for any of the Long Term visas – Student Visa, Employment visa, Marriage visa or Re-entry visa, among others. The Netherlands Long Term visas would be written about soon.
What are the Types of Netherlands Visitor Visas?
The various types of Netherlands visitor visas are: Tourist visa, Transit visa and Business visa.
Important information: Applying for Netherlands Visa in Nigeria
The Netherlands embassy doesn’t accept applications directly in Nigeria and some other West African countries. For the Nigerian applicants, Netherlands has signed an agreement allowing other schengen country embassies issue schengen visa on their behalf.
Applications through the Belgian embassy in Abuja
Nigerians or other nationals should submit their application through the Belgian embassy located in Abuja if they are residing in one of the following states: Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Kastina, Kebbi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba, FCT Abuja, Yobe, Zamafara.
Infact, the netherlands embassy aproves that any visa related enquiries should be addressed to [email protected]
Netherland visa applications through the French consulate-general in Lagos
Nigerians who are residing in the states not mentioned under those that should apply at the Belgian embassy, should submit their application through the French consulate-general in lagos.
Also, the netherlands embassy aproves that any visa related enquiries should be addressed to [email protected]
Please note that netherlands embassy cannot assist with any application for visa except you go through the designated proxy embassy above.
How to Apply for Netherlands Visitor Visas in Nigeria
Start by getting the following things ready:
- An updated or latest version of a web browser to access and fill the online form.
- Passport that is valid for at least six months or more from the day of intended travel to Netherlands. (Passport must have at least three consecutive empty pages).
- Accommodation booking: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Flight booking: Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Valid travel insurance for the trip: You can buy your travel insurance from us at a discounted rates. As a partner with mutual benefits assurance plc, you can order your travel insurance from us and receive it within 10 minutes. After placing an order, you can either print the insurance from your email or pick up a printed copy at any mutual benefits assurance plc offices or Naijagoingabroad offices nationwide. Click here to order your insurance now!
You can now proceed with the following steps:
fill the application in one of the proxy embassy above.
Print out the application form (make sure that the barcode generated page is printed along with it).
Visit the Visa Application Centre (VAC) to submit the following documents:
- One recently taken 3.5cm x 4.5cm colour passport photograph with white background.
- Completed Application form FILLED ONLINE and downloaded with the BARCODE SHEET at the back.
- Fully completed complementary questionnaire.
- Two (2) colour portrait copies of passport data page.
- Colour portrait copies of all valid and immediate previous visas for UK, US, Canada, Japan and Schengen visa.
- Employment and Introduction letter addressed to Netherlands Embassy.
- Invitation Letter – Letter of Invite/Business invite.
- Certificate of incorporation plus copies of form C07, C02 (for merchants and self-employed)
- Bank statement for the last three months
- Flight/Hotel reservation/accommodation certificate: Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Travel Insurance are MANDATORY: Click here to order your insurance now!
- Marriage certificate.
- Application must be submitted not less than ten weeks before travel date.
- You will need to give your Biometrics (thumb print and passport photograph) at the VAC.
- France Embassy handles all Netherlands visa application in Nigeria.
- France uses a third party company for the collection of visa application documents (that is the VAC). VAC is operated by VFS GLOBAL.
The addresses of the VFS GLOBAL in Nigeria are:
Lagos: VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, (Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway) Lekki Phase I, Lagos.
Abuja: VFS Global France Visa Application Centre, 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse-2. Abuja.
Feel free to comment and ask questions on the application of Netherlands visitor visas. I will be more than glad to answer them and don’t forget to click on the buttons below to share with friends and family.
Thank you and God bless.