Lithuania is a country in Europe. It is bordered by Poland, Latvia and Belarus, and was part of the Soviet Union which broke in 1991. I needed to write that brief introduction because something tells me that Lithuania is perhaps the least most popular country among Nigerians. Even at that, some Nigerians have been travelling there. I mean, it is rumoured that Nigerians are one of the most traveled people in the world, inhabiting every country on the surface of earth (I doubt North Korea though). We will get our research done and write on that soon because it feels like a good one for our Travel Gists section. For now, let’s get back to the thrust of this post: Lithuania visa application in Nigeria.
What are Lithuania Visitor Visas?
For travelling to Lithuania for not more than three months, Lithuania visitor visas are needed to be applied for. The visitor visas are authorization granted by the Lithuanian authority to temporarily stay in Lithuania.
What are the Types of Lithuania Visitor Visas?
There are basically two types of Lithuania visas: Long Term visas and Short Term (Visitor Visas).
This post in concentrated on the Short Term or visitor visas. The Long Term visas will be written very soon (so keep your fingers crossed). The types of Lithuania visitor visas are:
- Tourist visa
- Transit visa; and
- Business visa
How to Apply for Lithuania Visitor Visas in Nigeria
The following documents must be available before you begin with the application of any of the Lithuania visitor visas:
- An updated or latest version of a web browser to access and fill the online form. Click here to fill the online application form.
- A passport that is valid for at least six months or more from the day of intended travel to Lithuania.
- Passport should have at least three consecutive empty pages.
- Accommodation booking: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Flight booking: Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Valid travel insurance for the trip: You can buy your travel insurance from us at a discounted rates. As a partner with mutual benefits assurance plc, you can order your travel insurance from us and receive it within 10 minutes. After placing an order, you can either print the insurance from your email or pick up a printed copy at any mutual benefits assurance plc offices or Naijagoingabroad offices nationwide. Click here to order your insurance now!
Next, follow the steps below sequentially to successfully apply for the Lithuania visitor visa:
Fill the online application form HERE.
After filling the form, print it out along with the barcode generated page.
Click HERE to download, print and fill the mandatory questionnaire (complementary questionnaire).
The supporting documents below should be taken to the Visa application centre (VAC) in the following order:
- One 3.5cm x 4.5cm colour passport photograph with a white background that has been recently taken.
- Completed Application form FILLED ONLINE and downloaded with the BARCODE SHEET at the back.
- Fully completed complementary questionnaire.
- Two (2) colour portrait copies of passport data page.
- Colour portrait copies of all valid and immediate previous visas for UK, US, Canada, Japan, and Schengen visa.
- Employment and Introduction letter addressed to Lithuania Embassy.
- Invitation Letter – Letter of Invite/Business invite.
- Certificate of incorporation plus copies of form C07, C02 (for merchants and self-employed)
- Bank statement for the last three months
- Flight/Hotel reservation/accommodation certificate and Travel Insurance are MANDATORY
- Marriage certificate.
- The application must be submitted not less than ten weeks before travel date.
- You will need to give your Biometrics (thumb print and passport photograph) at the VAC.
- France embassy handles the authorization of the Lithuania visas. France embassy uses a third party company for collection of visa application documents. The company is VFS GLOBAL.
- Visa Application Centre (VAC) is operated by VFS GLOBAL.
The addresses of the VFS GLOBAL in Nigeria are:
Lagos: VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, (Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway) Lekki Phase I, Lagos.
Abuja: VFS Global France Visa Application Centre, 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse-2. Abuja.
You can ask questions for clarification or further information about the Lithuania visa application in Nigeria. And lest I forget, please share this post with your Facebook contact or any other contact of yours on other social media by clicking the buttons below.