This is a comprehensive and short guide on applying for Turkish Student Visa in Nigeria. Another guide has been written on how to apply for Turkish Tourist Visa in Nigeria for those interested in going to Turkey for tourism.
What is Turkish Student Visa?
Turkish Student Visa is a permit issued by the Turkish government, through an official at the Turkish Embassy, to a foreigner who want to study in Turkey. This visa lasts for only 90 days but could be renewed afterwards. It is officially known as Education visa.
For going to Turkey for other purposes not catered for by the Turkish Student Visa, an individual could apply for any of the following: Tourist/Business person visa, Official visa, Work visa, Other visas.
Who Can Apply Turkish Student Visa in Nigeria?
The Turkish Embassy request that individuals who wish to apply for Turkish Student Visa meet the following requirements:
- Admission to study in a recognised higher institution or college in Turkey.
- Enough financial resources pay for tuition fee and living expenses throughout study and stay in Turkey.
- No criminal record in Nigeria and law-abiding.
- Good health.
- Valid Travel/Health insurance.
- Has required supporting documents requested by the Turkish Embassy.
Applying for Turkish Student Visa in Nigeria
Click HERE to download an online application form. Print it out and fill it in capital letters.
Click HERE to book for appointment online. Change the language setting to English by clicking on the ‘TR’ button on the top-right side of the website.
Visit the Turkish Embassy on the appointment date. Go along with the filled application form and the following documents:
- Dully filled and completed visa application form.
- Original and photocopy of passport (must be at least 6 months valid after the date of application).
- A 50x60mm passport photo on white background attached to the application form but not stapled.
- Flight booking with confirmed dates.
- Proof of accommodation in Turkey – hotel booking or any other accommodation.
- Financial statements – Bank statement for the past six of the applicant or applicant’s sponsor.
- Letter from sponsor bearing his/her financial means and stating that s/he will be responsible for applicant’s expenses (if being sponsored).
- An acceptance letter from the Turkish University or school or language course certified by the Ministry of Education.
- It is better for you to place your appointment at least eight weeks before your intended travel date.
- You should not book appointment more than once in a month.
- All letter should be addressed to the Turkish embassy address as detailed here.
Good luck on your Turkish Student Visa application!
P.S. We have a regularly updated scholarship section that you may want to see for available scholarships in Turkey and other countries for Nigerians.