How to Apply for Belgium Tourist Visa in Nigeria
What is Belgium Tourist Visa?
It is one of the eight types of Belgium short stay visas that is available to foreigners travelling to Belgium. It allows you to stay within Belgium as a visitor for only 90 days. The other types of Belgium short stay visas are Business visa, Transit visa, Friends and family visa, Contacting marriage in Belgium visa, Medical visa, Sports and cultural visa and cohabitation visa.
Who Can Apply for Belgium Tourist Visa in Nigeria?
You can apply for a Belgium tourist visa if you are a holder of a valid Nigerian passport or non-Nigerian passport with a valid Nigerian visa. You must also have other required documents that are requested by the Belgium Embassy.
How to Apply for Belgium Tourist Visa?
Click here to download a visa application form; to be filled and signed.
Gather documents that are required for successful Belgium tourist visa application.
- A passport that is valid for more than three months after the expiry date of the requested visa.
- A colour photocopy of bio data page and all pages of your passport with visas and stamps.
- Two copies of fully filled, dated and signed visa application forms.
- Two one-month old passport photographs, glued on the visa application form.
- Proof that you are a legal resident in Nigeria (for non-Nigerian).
- An introductory letter that explains your travel details and purpose of travel.
- Proof of your employment and income:
- If employed: Letter of appointment, leave letter, payment slips for the last six months and bank statements of account indicating salary for the last six months.
- If retired: Proof of retirement, bank statements of bank account where pension is deposited for the last six months.
- If you own your business: All documents company documents (including Tax Clearance Certificate, Memorandum of Articles of Association, Certificate of Incorporation of Company, Certificate of Registration, Personal Income Certificate), Letter of introduction and bank statements for the past six months (personal and business).
- If you are a student: School attestation that confirms your absence for the period of travel, parental consent (from both parents) sworn before the Magistrate Court allowing you to travel to Belgium (if you are below 21 and travelling alone), sworn affidavit with a copy of the passport bio data page from the other parent allowing you to travel (if travel with one parent and below 21), proof of income of the parents (as elucidated under ‘Proof of Employment and Income’ above and a birth certificate.
- Proof of transportation: copy of flight booking: Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Proof of accommodation: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Proof of travel plans as a tourist (including organised and prepaid sightseeing trips in Belgium done through a Belgian travel agency).
- Marriage and Birth certificates (if travelling with your family).
- Travel health insurance covering all Schengen countries for an amount of at least €30,000: You can buy your travel insurance from us at a discounted rates. As a partner with mutual benefits assurance plc, you can order your travel insurance from us and receive it within 10 minutes. After placing an order, you can either print the insurance from your email or pick up a printed copy at any mutual benefits assurance plc offices or Naijagoingabroad offices nationwide. Click here to order your insurance now!
Take one set of the original and another set of the photocopies of required documents to any of the offices of the Belgium Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Nigeria. The VAC is owned by VFS Global, an agency authorised by the Belgium Embassy to handle Belgium visa application in Nigeria.
The addresses of VFS Global in Nigeria are:
Lagos office: VFS Global, Manor House, plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase I.
Abuja office: Belgium Visa Application Centre, 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse II.
- Submit your application at least three working weeks before the intended date of departure. The earlier you submit the better – three months before travel date is the earliest.
- Remember to include a functional email address when filling your visa application form because you will be contacted by the Belgium Embassy through email.
- Internet hotel booking may not be acceptable as proof of payment.
- The suggested steps should be followed in the order that they have been presented and the required documents should be arranged as advised.
- Do not pay for your flight ticket while seeking visa application. A flight booking is all that is required. You can pay for flight ticket when visa had been granted.
I hope that you get gist of this post. However, if you find anything gibberish, drop your comments for clarification. We are always here for you!
If you have not taken our free visa eligibility test, we advise you take the test now in order to properly plan your application.
Do you need further assistance?
Contact us for professional consulting services on your application. Starting from ₦20,000 only, we will handle your application and provide the necessary guidance to ensure a successful visa application.