How to apply for Germany Musician and Artist Visa in Nigeria
So you are a musician and will soon perform in Germany? Congrats. But first, you need to know the appropriate Germany visa to apply for and then know the process of Germany visa application in Nigeria. I am glad to inform you that this post will help you with all of that.
What is Germany Musician and Artist visa?
The Musician and Artist visa is a type of Germany short-term visas issued to foreign musician or creative artists who want to perform or exhibit their art works in Germany.
How to Apply for Germany Musician and Artist visa
Click HERE to download the guideline for completing the online application form. Please read document carefully.
Click HERE to fill the online application form and print it.
Click HERE for your online appointment booking.
Visit the Germany consulate office in Lagos on appointment date. Go along with the application form and other supporting documents. Click German Embassy for the consulate office address.
Checklist of supporting documents
- Valid passport and one colour copy of its data page (only E-Passports can be accepted, no observations or renewals allowed).
- Copy of Nigerian residence permit (for non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria).
- Two copies of the same pass photographs to biometric specifications (one is to be attached to application form and while the other stands alone).
- Schengen Visa application form.
- Travel health insurance: You can buy your travel insurance from us at a discounted rates. As a partner with mutual benefits assurance plc, you can order your travel insurance from us and receive it within 10 minutes. After placing an order, you can either print the insurance from your email or pick up a printed copy at any mutual benefits assurance plc offices or Naijagoingabroad offices nationwide. Click here to order your insurance now!
- Copy of flight ticket (including return flight): Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Proof of accommodation in Germany: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Coloured copy of all previous Schengen visas (if applicable).
- A typed and signed sheet bearing the name, date of birth, place of birth, passport number, telephone number, email, postal address and contact in Germany (name and address).
- Document showing that applicant is a member of a professional music group by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Culture or the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN).
- Bank stamped and signed personal bank statements of the applicant for the last three months.
- Evidence of Performances during the previous year – including stage time, place, address and telephone number of the organizer or promoter.
- Financial planning:
- Agreement between the music group and organizer.
- Rental cost of auditorium and auditorium size (determined by number of seats available.
- Hotel accommodation expenses.
- Hotel reservation
- Cost of flight tickets.
- Estimate for feeding.
- Additional expenses (like costumes, instruments, stage-lighting, and so on.)
- Tour-plan (including addresses of locations of the event).
- Selling price for entrance tickets.
- Anticipated profit.
- Marriage Certificate issued by marriage registry or wedding pictures and affidavit of facts if traditionally married (this is not for frequent travellers).
- Birth certificates of children (minor) even if they will not travel.
- A prepaid envelope by any major courier service to return passport and original documents.
- You are bound to encounter little hitch when booking your appointment online. You may click the link and it won’t be responsive. This is only because of the heavy traffic on the official Germany Embassy website. Do try again after sometime, and again and again, until you successfully book your appointment.
- You will have to pay a visa fee before you submit your application. The amount mentioned on the official website of Germany Embassy is N13,000 but we advise that you go with about N21,000.
- Visa fee is not fixed.
- You may be asked to present addition information or evidence.
Happy performance/exhibition. Hope attendees scream ‘encore’!
If you have not taken our free visa eligibility test, we advise you take the test now in order to properly plan your application.
Do you need further assistance?
Contact us for professional consulting services on your application. Starting from ₦20,000 only, we will handle your application and provide the necessary guidance to ensure a successful visa application.