I guess the title of this article should be replaced with ‘The A, B, C of France Visitor Visas and How to Apply for Them,’ because this is a distilled format of how to go about this business without having one’s head develop a malicious ache. This is a detailed guide on how to apply for France visitor visa in Nigeria. Read, enjoy and don’t forget to share.
What are France Visitor Visas?
Just so you know, there are other types of France Visas. They are otherwise known as the Long Term Visas. They include: Student/Training Period/Education Visa, Family Stay/Private Stay Visa, Re-Entry Visa, Marriage Visa, Employment Visa and others.
All the types of visas mentioned above will be written about very soon.
France Visitor Visas (also called Short Term Visas) are the authorizations needed to travel to France on a short-term basis. They are the usual stamps got on one’s passport, showing that one may be granted entry into the country of Napoleon where the finest of wines are made (alias France).
Whenever one wants to visit France for business, tourism, family and friend visit for a short while, the visitor visas is what is needed to be applied for.
What are the Types of France Visitor Visas?
As explained earlier, France visitor visas are applied for specific purposes. By acknowledging all these permissible purposes, one can safely call them the types of France visitor visas. They are:
- Business visitor visa
- Tourist visa
- Airport transit visa; and
- French oversea territory visa
How to Apply for France Visitor Visas in Nigeria
Before you commence with the process of applying for France visitor visa in Nigeria, you must get the following things ready:
- An updated or latest version of a web browser to access and fill the online form
- A passport that is valid for at least six months or more from the day of intended travel to France.
- Passport should have at least three consecutive empty pages.
- Accommodation booking.
- Flight booking.
- Valid travel insurance for the trip.
Click here to fill the online application form.
After filling the form, print it out along with the barcode generated page.
Next, click here to download, print and fill the mandatory questionnaire (complementary questionnaire).
The following supporting documents should be taken to the Visa application centre (VAC):
- One recently taken 3.5cm x 4.5cm colour passport photograph with white background.
- Completed Application form FILLED ONLINE and downloaded with the BARCODE SHEET at the back.
- Two (2) colour portrait copies of passport data page.
- Colour portrait copies of all valid and immediate previous visas for UK, US, Canada, Japan and Schengen visa.
- Employment and Introduction letter addressed to France Embassy.
- Invitation Letter – Letter of Invite/Business invite.
- Certificate of incorporation plus copies of form C07, C02 (for merchants and self-employed)
- Bank statement for the last three months
- Hotel Reservation: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Flight Reservation: Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Travel Insurance: You can buy your travel insurance from us at a discounted rates. As a partner with mutual benefits assurance plc, you can order your travel insurance from us and receive it within 10 minutes. After placing an order, you can either print the insurance from your email or pick up a printed copy at any mutual benefits assurance plc offices or Naijagoingabroad offices nationwide. Click here to order your insurance now!
- Marriage certificate.
- The application must be submitted not less than ten weeks before travel date.
- You will need to give your Biometrics (thumb print and passport photograph) at the VAC.
- France Embassy Uses a third party company for collection of visa application documents. Visa Application Centre (VAC) is operated by VFS GLOBAL.
The addresses of VFS GLOBAL in Nigeria are:
Lagos: VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, (Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway) Lekki Phase I, Lagos.
Abuja: VFS Global France Visa Application Centre, 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse-2. Abuja.
- All letter should be addressed to France embassy and not VFS GLOBAL. For France embassy address, simply click here.
That is about all how to apply for France visitor visas in Nigeria. If there is any need for further clarifications or questions on the visas, please drop your comment and I will take my time to answer. Thank you and God bless.