Travel agents use common procedure when handling clients’ visa applications. This procedure is three-pronged: fill a visa application form, book an appointment and instruct applicant to go for interview on appointment date. This linear (but sometimes tortuous) procedure will be looked at as it concerns Finland visa application in Nigeria. If you wish to visit Finland, here is how to apply for Finland visa in Nigeria.
What is Finnish Tourist Visa?
Finnish tourist visa is a permit to visit Finland as a tourist. The visitor is expected to leave Finland after 90 days’ visit. He or she is not expected to engage in any paid employment, rather he or she is to visit Finland only for visiting family and friends or engage in cultural activities or visiting for vacation.
Who Can Apply for Finnish Tourist Visa in Nigeria?
Eligible applicants are Nigerians and non-Nigerian nationals with valid passports. Citizens of Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sierra Leone and Togo are also eligible to apply for Finnish tourist visas at the Finnish Embassy in Nigeria.
How to Apply for Finnish Tourist Visa in Nigeria?
Click HERE to download and fill the visa application form.
Pay a non-fixed visa application processing fee of N14,000 or €60 to the Finnish Embassy’s bank account. Payment can either be in paid cash to Standard Chartered bank in Nigeria or via international money transfer to the Embassy’s bank account.
Account no.: 0001449729 (for payments in Naira).
Account no.: 0001449736 (for payments in Euro).
Scan the payment receipt of the visa application processing fee.
Book an appointment by sending an email to [email protected] and attach the scanned visa application processing fee payment receipt to the mail.
Visit the Finnish Embassy on appointment date along with the documents mentioned below.
- Duly filled, dated and signed visa application form (should be signed by a guardian if the applicant is a minor).
- Original blue bank slip (receipt of payment for visa application fee).
- Valid internal e-passport (must be valid at least three months after the journey).
- One recently taken passport photograph with white background – should be glued to the visa application form.
- Previous passports (if any).
- Copy of flight reservation including return flight: Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Travel medical insurance: You can buy your travel insurance from us at a discounted rates. As a partner with mutual benefits assurance plc, you can order your travel insurance from us and receive it within 10 minutes. After placing an order, you can either print the insurance from your email or pick up a printed copy at any mutual benefits assurance plc offices or Naijagoingabroad offices nationwide. Click here to order your insurance now!
- The following documents of evidence of means of subsistence during the stay in Finland:
- Salary slips for the past three months.
- Bank statements for the past three months.
- Income generated by the property.
- Hotel Booking: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post
- Employment letter.
- Original Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) and original Certificate of Business Incorporation for businessmen.
- Letter from applicant’s company, stating days of leave from work.
- Letter form school or university, stating applicant’s days of absence from school (for students, teachers and lectures).
- Proof of ties to Nigeria – marriage certificate, children’s birth certificates or legal proof of real estate ownership).
If applicant is a minor, guardian must provide:
- Letter of consent from parents or guardians.
- Proof of guardianship (if applicable).
- Original and photocopy of birth of certificate of the minor, mentioning his or her parents.
- Identity cards and passports of applicant’s parents or guardian.
- Do not buy flight tickets before the visa has been granted. Successful application of visa does not translate to approval of visa.
- Book interview appointment early enough, the earliest being three months before travelling date.
- Processing fee must be paid in full before applying for visa.
- One set of original and another set of photocopy of documents on the document checklist should be presented at the embassy on appointment date.
- Follow the suggested steps in the order that they have been presented in the article to ensure successful visa application.
Click here for Finland Embassy Address.
I hope that you have found this post on how to apply for Finland visa in Nigeria helpful. If you still have troubles with the application or get stuck on the way, do us for assistance. We will ensure that the most appropriate suggestion is recommended.
Good luck on your visa application!